Sometimes an employer or a university may request verification of your results certificate before offering a job or place. The British Council can verify your IGCSE, International GCSE and A- and AS-level certificates if required. 

We aim to verify results in the shortest possible time frame, though this varies depending on your request and location.

Please contact us to enquire about verification.

Mistakes and changes 

Occasionally, a form or certificate may contain incorrect or incomplete information, such as a mistake with the spelling of your name, address, date of birth or other information. 

Private candidates should contact their local British Council Office. Initial changes are free of charge, but if you will have to pay a fee for any subsequent changes.