IELTS test centres now open
Following local health authority and government guidance, we have taken steps to resume testing in select test centres in Muscat. Booking is now open for tests starting from 13 June 2020.
To do this safely and prevent the spread of Covid-19, health precautions are in place to protect both staff and candidates.
- Self-declaration form: All test takers must sign a declaration form at the entrance of the exams area on test day to declare that they are eligible to attend the test session
- Test takers should not attend the test if: they are under a quarantine, self-quarantine, stay-at-home or medical surveillance order, as specified by the local authorities OR if they have a high temperature, persistent cough, difficulty in breathing or other flu-like symptoms
- Test takers under 18 years have to get the declaration form signed by the guardian. The guardian will have to leave the test premises and return to collect their ward
- Temperature screening will be in place at all test venues. Test takers with symptoms of fever will not be able to sit for the test and will be asked to go home
- Social distancing measures must be adhered to – with staff and test takers always two metres apart
- All staff and test takers will be required to use face masks
- New hygiene protocols in place with sanitation stations in every test centre
- You will be asked to bring your own stationery (pen, pencil and eraser), and this must be taken away with you after the exam - except for scratch paper, notes or workings sheets
- Test takers should limit their belongings to only essential items like a wallet / purse and mobile.
The health and safety of test takers and test staff is our number one priority. Given the unprecedented nature of this pandemic, the British Council will continue to follow all directives made by the local authorities. Our precautions will be kept under review and we will remain vigilant to the developing situation.
The British Council in Oman offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online and at our offices in Madinat Qaboos and Al Hail. When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test||OMR 86||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered test||OMR 90||Book now
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||OMR 96||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||OMR 76||Book now
To book your test you will need to:
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID, Passport or Omani ID card at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test through our online registration system. In the Reference section of your payment please write: [IELTS / family name / city / test date].
IELTS test date Confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7-day window before or after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.