A UK Higher education from home
Not everyone can travel abroad to pursue their ambition of a degree from a UK university.
So we're here to help you earn that highly respected qualification, from Britain’s leading universities, without leaving the country.
We make sure you have a simple and straightforward experience, from the moment you register for the university exam to the day you get your results.
We’ll look after the whole process, from providing the exam venue and professionally trained supervisors to having your exams processed by the exam board.
All you need to do is prepare for your exam and turn up on exam day.
Who we partner with
You can study with several top institutions and take your exams in Oman. We work with:
- The Open University
- Manchester Business School
- University of London International Programmes
- Edinburgh Business School
- Deakin University
- University of Leicester
- Robert Gordon University
- University of Warwick.
How do you register?
It’s easy to register for your university exams.
- First, get in touch with your education institution and register your exam directly with them.
- Once your exam place has been confirmed you should contact us.
- You need to do this at least one month before your exam.
How much will it cost?
Our fees do not include costs charged by the exam board. Please get in touch with the board to discuss their costs.
Our fees are as follows:
- OMR 60 per exam per candidate.
If you have any special arrangements, please get in touch with us at least eight weeks before submitting your application. You should include any supporting documents, such as a medical certificate, with your exam registration paperwork.
For the attention of customers taking distance exams:
As per the Ministry of Higher Education's guidance, Omani Nationals are only permitted to sit University exams once they obtain an NOC. To obtain an NOC please contact the Ministry of Higher Education directly:
- Call centre No is 23430900- Dept of Qualifications Equivalency & Recognition.
- Mrs Khadija Mufti Al-Qurashi, Director of Qualifications Equivalency & Recognition Department,- email@example.com
- Mr AL Naser bin Nasser Al Ruqeishi – Assistant Director of Qualifications Equivalency & Recognition Department. firstname.lastname@example.org
The British Council and the exam boards take all reasonable steps to provide continuity of service. We feel sure you will understand, however, that we cannot be held responsible for any interruptions caused by circumstances beyond our control. If examinations or their results are disrupted, cancelled or delayed, every effort will be made to resume normal services as soon as possible. The British Council’s liability will be limited to the refund of the registration or re-testing fee at a later date.
The British Council will not be responsible for the recognition of your programme/university course. It is solely the responsibility of the student to confirm if the programme/university course is approved by Ministry of Higher Education in Oman.