Examinations Business Support Officer
Administer Professional Examinations and support Finance ESO in accordance with awarding body regulations and British Council standards in order to meet or exceed Oman volume targets. To support British Council Examinations Services operations in order to meet country strategic objectives and achieve maximum impact with our target audiences in Oman.
This role supports the Examinations Services Manager (ESM) in ensuring the effective management of the Examinations operations in order to meet business targets, and to ensure Exams operations meet awarding body and British Council standards. The role also contributes to the integration of Exams activity into the wider work of the British Council
|Salary||Pay band H|
|Closing date||Tuesday 13 December 2016|
Accountability, responsibilities and Main duties:
- Manage Professional examinations operations effectively and efficiently in accordance with British Council and awarding body standards, meet business objectives and minimise risk.
- Ensure full compliance with British Council QCA (quality & compliance assessment), Child Protection, equality / diversity and other standards, and awarding body regulations.
- Recruit, train and manage suitably-qualified venue staff
- Arrange exam venues in line with QCA requirements
- In liaison with Examinations Services Manager (ESM) and customer service colleagues monitor customer journeys and assist implementation of best practice in:
b.enquiry-handling, information provision and communications to candidates
c.test day procedures
- Assist implementation of value-added services and support to customers and institutions
- Implement standard customer payment systems
- Establish operational relationships with external partners and stakeholders
- Monitor and control expenditure budgets for own product area, ensuring effective allocation of resources
- Record daily financial transactions, review invoices, and monitor venue staff / venue payments and other financial activity related to Professional Examinations.
- Support with reconciliations on time and in the format assigned comparing the expected income to the cash collected in the absence of ESO Finance.
- Process payments for invigilators, examiners, venue providers and examination boards.
- Ensure that the finances for examining boards are updated and money remitted to them within 15 working days of the end of the activity.
- Raise invoices for examinations which have been administered in line with the rates specified in the contract with the board. Ensure that invoices are raised and sent to the boards within 5 working days of the last session.
- Support with duties associated with designated FABS role, maintain cash journals, financial records etc
- Monitor the bank Account General Ledger and clear exam deposits. Ensuring no risks items are pending.
- Ensure the correct WBS structures are used before CSA’s do the posting.
- Inform CSA’s of any new changes in prices etc.
- All debts are up to date and recorded according to audit and Essential Finance.
- Manage and develop the professional exams team effectively according British Council HR standards, in order to meet business objectives.
- Ensure appropriate professional training and product familiarisation in order to maximise team and personal effectiveness and potential.
Marketing & Relationship management
- Assist gathering of market, competitor, customer data on a rolling basis to advise business, marketing, and value-enhancement strategy
- In liaison with ESM, marketing and business development colleagues ensure professional examinations are promoted and publicised to institutions and individuals effectively
- Assist maintenance of relationships with key stakeholders, including awarding bodies, schools, institutions and candidates
Internal: Country Examinations Manager, Deputy Country Exams Manager, Examinations Services Manager, Regional IELTS Manager, Customer services team, Resources team, Teaching Centre and other BC departments as required.
External: Examination boards and professional bodies, Exams customers, Training providers, Examiners, Venue staff, Vendors.
(e.g. travel, unsocial/evening hours, restrictions on employment etc)
Strict adherence to exam security and administration requirements is an essential part of the job
The post holder is expected to work on certain weekends, occasional unsocial hours, and occasional travel for training and meetings. Where applicable, this will be compensated with TOIL.
How to apply
Applicants need to send their CV along with the completed application form. Only completed application forms will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be informed
You can find and download the Role profile and Application Form at the bottom of the page.
Applications should be sent to Radhika.Namala@om.britishcouncil.org before end of day on 13 December 2016.